Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this for a great price on Ebay, the quality is unbelieveable. It looks like real Carbon Fiber and it came with awesome install instructions. The seller who makes these is tfbdesigns. Check it out:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TSnedSi said:
nice. whered you get that red ford emblem?
I bought those from the same seller on Ebay, tfbdesigns. The Red Emblem decals come in a set of three to fit all of the emblems on the Focus.

·
Registered
147 Posts
eeh, looks like cheap "carbon fiber look" plastic.... oh wait...

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
you scared me for a second.
I was like "Oh no! someone done it before me"

Now to put this 10 feet of c/f to some use.

I've used the same decals for my door pillar trim, not bad stuff, But I perfer the real thing.

there's no substitute that can replicate that awesome effect of millions fibers reflecting light in different directions.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Foci_Fosho said:

there's no substitute that can replicate that awesome effect of millions fibers reflecting light in different directions.
[headbang]... preach on brotha

the "carbon fiber look" tickles some people, but its really just not my style... so take no offence to my previous post.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I prefer Real Carbon Fiber as well but there is no Carbon Fiber hatch trim for the Focus. This is a major improvement over the black plastic in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
since we are on the same subject?
Would you purchase a real carbon hatch trim (with return of yours)
for say $120?

Just trying to get a feel for focus owner interests and the market...

·
Registered
147 Posts
would it be a complete replacement or jsut the stock piece with carbon fiber layed over it? im assuming since you want a core back, that its just laid over the stock piece. which isnt a problem, youre not gonna gain anyhting from replacing it with a full CF piece, and it doesnt require making a mold... which should bring down the price. of course with carbon fiber prices these days (if you can get the stuff), $120 seems reasonable... but at the same time, i would _assume_ prices on these would reduce after the shortage is over.

also, do you have a source for carbon fiber cloth? i know theres a world wide shortage ATM thanks to our buddies at boeing, air bus and some ship builder that does navy ships buying almost every last square yard of the stuff on the planet... makers of CF cant keep up. i know theres a couple places that have a limited supply, but the price is really high on the stuff, almost tripple what it usually is (about $25/yard or so, depending on where you go, i used to know guys who could get it to me for about $19/yard - not pre impregnated stuff, just raw carbon fiber cloth).

·
Registered
184 Posts
TSnedSi said:
if it was real id be afraid of some ass hole rippin it off
i second that people can be real A-holes when it comes to cars when i got my 05 i had it 1 day before someone opened a door into it and left a small ding right under my gas door on the fender

·
Livin' it up in Cali
2,005 Posts
just get the hatch ...............

BTW this is not my ride .....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts