Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know a company that produces exterior carbon door handles
Cheers[;)]

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Sand down your handles with 150 grit sand paper. Then coat it with this stuff... (or composite material of your preference)

Then, brush this stuff on.

Then Brush more of it on after that hardens, and sand down and buff to a shine.

There is no other alternative... No one sells them. You can only make em yourself. If you wanted to convince someone to do it... $100 would be an ok starting price.

Foci_Fosho said:
nope, but i've seen them made by hand.
Errr. I thought you said interior handles... I haven't seen outside carbon fiber door handles, Although, using the vague steps I mentioned above, It could be done.

Keep in mind, that professional fabrication companies, do this work with near perfect molds, highest grade composite materials, a Clean-room environment, and vacuum bagging machine.... hence the expensive price.

similar quality can be accomplished by hand, it just takes like 4-5 times longer to come to a finished product. A small tiny job like this could take a day or 2 or 3 to finish if you are just learning how to play with composite(s) or fiberglass resin, etc...

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I would like to do something like this, maybe get an extra set of handles so i dont F mine up. Ive done some CF work before and it really isnt that hard to work on in small sections. I did the door grabs on the inside, came out rather well although not perfect.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
SVT BMXer that looks sweet

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
blkZX32005 said:
SVT BMXer that looks sweet
Thanks! like i said, its not to hard, just takes alittle time and some patience sanding and you're good [thumb]

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
SVT_BMXer said:
Thanks! like i said, its not to hard, just takes alittle time and some patience sanding and you're good [thumb]
some sanding and 1 more coat of resin, and that would be nearly flawless..
working with c/f in small quanities is rather simple.

It's when you start dealing with large surface area, like making a hood or carbon hood-liner... that's when you are going to wish you owned a vacuum bagger and other various manufacturing equipment.

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
hey SVT_BMXer thats awesome i've never noticed that in your car at any of the g2g you'll have to specifically point it out to me at one of the next g2g because i'll forget to look!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts