Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm just getting into cars now. and I'm at the age where i'm about to get my license and i was looking at the Ford Focus. Anything I should know about them? I'm looking at one now 2002 with a Carbon Fiber Hood for 11,411. Is that good? thanks for any input.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
go SVT all the way just tell me what u want the car 2 do ill tell u what 2 get SVT's are new affordable and considerably fast

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
But if he's just gonna be getting his license insurance would be a reason to go with a ZX3 instead of an svt heard there considerably more than the ZX3 but not 100% on that part just heresay.

DaveW- is the car posted for sale online? if so could you provide a link to it?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I agree with ZETEC3, I would check insurance prices. SVTF will be more, trust me on that... Right now you can get any 2003 Focus for 0% APR 72 months and a 3K rebate. Might want to check that out, if you are interested.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Seb656 said:
go SVT all the way just tell me what u want the car 2 do ill tell u what 2 get SVT's are new affordable and considerably fast
punctation maybe?

yes if you can post a link..

02 at 11 sounds a little fishy.. whats the milage?

·
Registered
965 Posts
I am 17 years old and drive a SVT. The insurence for the focus is the same for each the SVT and normal ZX5, at least for me. I was told that the insurence is the same because they had not yet made a difference between the SVT and the regular ZX5. The insurence increase will start on the 2004 model. I live in Michigan, though, and dont know how this varies per state or insurence provider. Also I have a ZX5 so it could be higher for the ZX3 model, but i dont know for sure. I would suggest you check out the insurence before you buy.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
first of all im to lazy to use puncuation so leave me alone [mad] ^^^^^^^ you are correct sir insurance on SVT's isn't more my insurance is really cheap and i drive the SVT

SVT is the way to go - Decently Fast, Affordable, Fun to drive
I don't like the non SVT foci there 2 slow

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
That price is really high. The carbon fiber hood doesn't increase its value. Check out http://kbb.com for used car retail prices. If you are buying the car from an individual it should cost less than if you are buying the car from a dealership.
Heres what you should know about the Focus. Its an economy car so don't confuse it with a sports car unless its a Focus SVT. The Focus SVT is mean! If you're into hatchbacks you might also want to check out Volkswagen GTI & the Honda Civic. I recommend getting a manual for your first car.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Infra3sv said:
I recommend getting a manual for your first car.
I definatly agree manual is a very valuable skill it can come in handy if you know how to use it also it lets you get the most power and performance out of the car and if you get the SVT you will get a good amount of power the non SVT's seem to week for me (I Learned manual on a Subaru WRX so im more used to a speedy car)

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Well I will tell you that my insurance company (ALFA) does know the diff between a Non SVT Focus and a SVTF. Compared from my reg 2002 ZX5, my insurance is much higher and I was told it was because my current focus is a SVT. So some Insurance companies do know the diff.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I guess so ahhh body kit and street glow no engine crap
All bling No zing makes johnny a ricer lol thats how it goes i think

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It will have it. In a few years, i guess it wouldn't be that hard i just need to get a new job and buy things has i go. But it will have some zing, not all bling.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I'd say its definately not worth, a carbon fiber hood and possibly a set of springs dont make it worth that much. Although the big sticker on the top of the windsheild is definately worth the price increase, j/k.[;)]

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
hmm 1. they should tell you 2. is says SVT on the back if its an SVT there gonna list it as a Focus SVT there not widly sold you may find one at your local for dealership or on ebay but proly not on 2 many classified sites SVT is the way to go normal ones are way to girly even the SVT is girly with 170 hp i need a supercharger to make it a mans car [}:)]

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
KBB says 10,500 for the ZX3, I wouldn't pay a cent over.
Seb656 - a fast car doesn't make it manly. Girls like fast cars too. A real man's car is all about corners. Old people can drive fast.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts