Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I went to crank my car it wouldn’t crank, I tried it again still wouldn’t and the car started shaking, tried it a 3rd time and it finally cranked. What could it be. It’s on 05 Ford Focus ZX5

·
Registered
888 Posts
Battery maybe. You take it to an auto parts store, and have them do a battery test.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,742 Posts
Maybe not battery if it went through 3 cranking episodes. Engine out of tune in one of several possible ways to not crank up fast. Dirty TB could easily do it or weak spark from old parts. The shaking was likely engine barely firing up lop-sided to misfire and die. If injectors leaking that kind of start gets common when it auto floods based on fuel pump priming. Try holding throttle wide open ALL the way while starting and if it gets better it was flooded.

Verify better what you mean, 'not cranking' can mean car starter spinning but engine not running or starter not even working at all like post #2 thinks. I for one saw the word 'shaking' to figure the engine IS spinning, just not firing up to run by itself. You have to be clear there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts