Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Car wont start!

Title says it all. When I try and start my car it turns over but it wont start. I can hear the fuel pump build pressure and I have tried 2 different coils and wire sets. I drove it home last night and parked it and came out this morning and it wont start?? I pulled the plugs and regapped them, cleaned them up, checked for spark and it has it, but it is orangeish, not blue. Any ideas?

Edit, so I cant change the title of the post, but I dont think this has anything to do with the oil on the plugs.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
unplug your TPS and try to start it... if you have spark and fuel, injector control is the next thing to check. I've had a few no start issues from failed TPS sensors, but the car will start and run with the tps unplugged (runs like crap, but it runs)

if it starts with the TPS unplugged, get a new one, and then clear your codes

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
if the sparks orange you have a voltage problem. since you tried different wires and coils check the plug at the coil pack for a bad wire. theres 4 of them at the connector, push each one toward the connector with the car running and see if you notice any change. if you do the connector needs to be replaced and is available from ford. there were a few cars on the forum awhile ago that had a problem with no starts, random starts(would start sometimes but not others), and misses, crappy power output, and just shutting down by itself.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
^good point, I didn't catch that orange spark detail

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Edit, so I cant change the title of the post, but I dont think this has anything to do with the oil on the plugs.
I fixed it for ya. [;)]
And...Moved to ”Ford Focus Technical Chat”

Yep, an "orange" spark is not good.
I'd do everything that goinloco1 suggested.
But...wear some gloves or use pliers (be careful you don't pinch the plug wires).
You don't want your fingers to become the conductors. [eek] [;)]

========================
Off topic...
goinloco1; you have email at your work address.
Finally got the G2G video downloaded...

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Do you have a spare coil laying around? I always keep one in the back of the car just in case I blow my THIRD coilpack. Grrrr I don't know what is so difficult about making a decent coil pack!!! [?|] [}:)] [?|]

·
Registered
426 Posts
goinloco1 said:
...push each one toward the connector with the car running and see if you notice any change...

his car wont start. thats like the phone company having a number to call if your phone's out haha

·
Registered
666 Posts
Ahhh yes, oil on plugs...Ive had that for over a year. Valve Seals...Gotta pull the cams and all kindsa fun stuff. I cant wait to actually fix mine!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts