Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Ford Focus SE with just under 89,000 miles. This past weekend I drove for about 2 hours on the highway, parked for about an hour and a half and drove again for about 20 minutes with a mix of highway/city speeds. Car sat for about 2 hours and wouldn't start. All the electronics work, fuel pump primes and battery passed. My battery was leaking acid so I exchanged it for another. When I put the new battery in, the car started fine and idled normally. I turned the car off to tighten the battery terminals and put the cover back on. When I started the car again it idled for about 15 seconds and bogged down so I pressed on the accelerator gently. The revs came down and the car shut off. It hasn't started since and the electronics still work and fuel pump primes. I've done some research and it appears it could be the ECM but I am not completely sure. Wondering if anyone has experienced something similar before I either buy a new ECM or bring it to the Ford dealership.

·
Registered
5 Posts
if it cranks still then have you checked out the inertia switch and the plug going into it? its on the passenger side kick panel.

·
Registered
99 Posts
mr_trump,

I'm late to the party but check the fuel pump fuse(s). If it/they are OK then maybe on of the pumps has failed or is failing. There is a fuel pump (low-pressure) in the gas tank and there is a high-pressure fuel pump in then engine bay.

If you figured it out, would you please post an update? "Enquiring minds want to know."

HTH,

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts