Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car won't start it just makes a clicking noise. Now heres where I am getting confused. I know its not the battery since I just replaced it 2 days ago. The car does have power because all of the electrical will work (headlights radio). My battery has been relocated to my trunk and I would guess that I have a bad ground but the only thing is this ONLY happens when it is very cold out (for instance this morning it is -2 degrees out. I would say its possibly the starter but I do not even hear it engage!? Please help me out here.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Maybe the starter?

Is it the starter? Are you frozen? What kind of oil are you using. In your climate you should be using at most 5W-30. 5W-20 or even 0W-20 might be a better choice.

Still sounds like the starter.

·
Registered
697 Posts
take one arm off the battery for few mins, then put it back on and start your caar, lemme know if it works.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
When you relocated the battery did you increase the size of the cables? Increased distance requires bigger cables to carry the same amps. Second how did you ground the new battery location. If you just grounded it to the chassis/body that's probably the problem. There should be a direct ground from the battery to the engine block as well.

·
Registered
793 Posts
werd^^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts