Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, wonder if anyone can help me because if they have had this problem with their car.

I was driving on a short journey tonight was pretty cold car started fine defrosted no probs got half way to my destination and the ABS and Traction control light came on then turned off. arrived and parked for about 10mins then started on my way back and it all went wrong.

The Fuel, Temp gauge showed empty/cold respectively the abs,tc, and handbrake light came on and the car seamed to break without me actauly breaking.

Pulled over and stopped since it was abit dodgy then it won't start just clicks lights work fine.

Tried rocking it in gear still don't start.

If i leave the key in the 3rd position it just shows gearbox battery and oil lights

I'm wondering if its the battery? any ideas? help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
It sounds like a battery, or alternator. I'd check the outputs from the alternator- those seem to cause the most problems on the alternators in the states- not sure about UK versions though.

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
Mine did this last week and it was the battery. All it did was click when i tried starting it then i took the battery to autozone and it was bad so i got a new one and now it hasnt done that. get your battery checked out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts