Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, so I have a dilemma here. As you know, I have a tune with Focus Power. And it has run fine for months now, actually almost a year. Yesterday, I was driving and came to a stop sign. When I gave it gas, no power was delivered to the wheels and when I tried shifting into park, the instrument panel kept saying that it was still in drive no matter what gear I was in. So I shifted the lever into park (while still showing drive in the instrument cluster) and turned it off. Well, to my luck, it would not turn on. Physically though, it would shift through gears and I shifted into neutral and pushed it out of the way, that would not have been possible had it been actually stuck in drive. Well, once moved, I tried reflashing the stock tune to see if it would work. The engine stock tune worked great! But, when it got to the transmission tune, it said error and didn't wanna work. I tried another two times and it failed. I got towed home and today I tried reflashing stock again, and it will not flash stock tune at all anymore. The car still won't turn on, and the PRNDS doesn't even get highlighted at all. Anyone got anything?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Tunes don't generally change with age. Its not a physical thing. I heard about a similar issue a while back on the TSB and known issue forums and from a friend who had a bad ground on his 2012 DTC sedan's PCM. This doesn't sound like a tune issue to me. It sounds more like an angry computer, a bad ground would make a computer very angry.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've heard of corrupt Stock files, is there a way I can get that back?

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh and another thing, it isn't like I can just get up and drive the car to Ford. The car's ECU thinks it is stuck in drive and won't start.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Oh and another thing, it isn't like I can just get up and drive the car to Ford. The car's ECU thinks it is stuck in drive and won't start.[/QUOTE
Maybe something shorted out in your SS conversion?

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe I'm gonna take a look but I also forgot to mention that I check every fuse, and non were blown.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So that's it Tom? You aren't gonna at least try and figure it out man? Just take it to Ford?

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
He told you the problem. The pcm for the dct. If it was simply a tune issue, you could reflash back to stock and be good. It has a hardware issue, not a tune (software) issue

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If it wasnt a tune issue the engine tune would have loaded. Heck I'll call SCT tomorrow. Have you guys even thought about the transmission range sensor? I bet not. Luckily we have knowledge people. I posted on here for ideas. Not just "it's your TCM, take it to Ford." (By the way thanks Whodatxevg for your info)

·
Adam
2,303 Posts
I'd post this issue on the Facebook forums. More people go on there, esp. Mk3 guys. FJ guys have plenty of tune experiences too.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd post this issue on the Facebook forums. More people go on there, esp. Mk3 guys. FJ guys have plenty of tune experiences too.
Think I will try that (COPY PASTE :D)

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
If it wasnt a tune issue the engine tune would have loaded. Heck I'll call SCT tomorrow. Have you guys even thought about the transmission range sensor? I bet not. Luckily we have knowledge people. I posted on here for ideas. Not just "it's your TCM, take it to Ford." (By the way thanks Whodatxevg for your info)
Yeah, cause a malfunctioning computer would definitely let you load software and suddenly work perfect.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Another update, the Focccus software is reading the TCM and is reading the VIN from the ECU. The tune device is not reading any of this

·
Registered
343 Posts
Kinda sorta sounds like the issue that makuloco character made a video about on bad ground for fiestas. He explained the bad ground caused transmission issues similar to yours.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmmm did he say where the ground was bad?

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah thanks bud, well I'm gonna see if SCT can get my tune back to stock tomorrow. If they can and it isn't running, I'm going to get a tow to Ford. Luckily they extended the DCT warranty

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I found this today and sounds a bit like my issue. http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-72141.html A bit different. But anyway, I am on the phone with SCT right now. (On hold, waiting for a agent) and I will see if we can get the stock tune back on and see if it helps. If not, I am going to try a new transmission range sensor/neutral saftey switch. If that fails, then off to Ford I go.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.