Focus Fanatics Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18,398 Posts
Definitive answer to the clicking or solenoid vibration...................the solenoid contact is held back by a spring and battery volts energize the contact to move against the spring to move over to connect. When the battery is weak, the contact still moves but the spring will override the lower magnetism because the battery is low and the contact springs back to then get magnetized again and over and over. The rapid back and forth action striking contact then breaking contact is what makes the noise.

Simple grease on terminal posts will stop all corrosion and last forever, unlike the store bought sprays. Messy but I have not had a single case of terminal corrosion since beginning to use it some 30 years ago. You may need to wipe and reinstall a new coat every 3-4 years or so.

·
Registered
18,398 Posts
There can be relays that click as well with low power, I've heard as many as 4 in some cars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi there the clicking noise comes from the engine fuse box then the starter ford focus 2010--diesel
hi there
i got a brand new starter motor fitted into my ford focus 2010 diesel econetic car yesterday 12/5/2022after clicking noise when turning key,it wasent the starter after all this, it is the immobilizer that is at fault,i have no idea how to sort this problem out,the transmission light comes on,it will eventually start after loads of turns with the key,i was wondering if i should buy a new immobilizer ring off ebay

21 - 25 of 25 Posts