Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
SUPER FAST
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i drive a 2001 zx3 Manual with 63,000 and some minor upgrades...i just purchased a new set of H9 Bright Headlights for my focus( i have the genuine Hella Projector Headlights) so i installed them and shut the hood turn on the ingnition and i notice my interior light is dim and my windows are rolling down slow...so i go to crank it and my motor wont even turn over it just clicks...i need help i have no idea what could be wrong but when i popped the hood and checked my battery i noticeed one of the ground wires(on the negative terminal a red wire)or whatever looked as if it was about to break so i touched it and the wire broke from the o ring base...now thats disconnected but i tried to strip the wire and put the copper cord and tighted down my battery screw and still dim lights and just clicking no start at all PLEASE HELP THIS IS ONLY A 2MONTH OLD BATTERY and its garage kept as well so the cold is out too i dont know whats wrong help me please thanks![ohcrap]

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Try charging your battery. Just sounds like your battery went dead. Once you get it started get a volt meter and hook it up to the -and + terminals on the battery while the car is running and see how many volts it reads. if it's under 13 you might have a bad alternator, check all you connections on the battery and I reccommned soldering new battery cable ends and hook them up with new terminals. Check the simple things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts