Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday, i drove around all day with no problems, then at like 6 I went to get a movie came out, started my car, it sputtered like a shaking, tried reving it to try and get it to stop, then slowly it died. i started it again, it made a horrible noise in the engine then died. Now wont start at all, its cranking but wont ever turn over had to tow it home. Dont know whats wrong, everything we trying checking gives us nothing, we hooked it up to a computer and it gave us no trouble codes. My buddy thinks it may be the fuel pump, timing belt, or something to do with the spark plugs we changed out a couple of months ago? trying to trade it in for a newer model so dont want to spend money on something that isnt going to fix the problem. Any help or advice would be greatly apperciated.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
"its cranking but wont ever turn over".... just what does that mean? The engine won't spin like it's locked up, or it just isn't starting?

I doubt you have a spark-plug problem. It sounds like a fuel pump problem, or a coil/ignition failure. Both of those problems usually don't give a "horrible engine noise" however.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its like its trying to start but dosent have that extra kick to get it turned over. well we have spark cause we stuck a screw driver in one of the spark plug cords and touched it to metal and it was sparking all over the place. but i guess he thinks it could be the spark plug dosent have a gap anymore.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
I don't know why he would think that ^^^^^. But check the plugs anyway for starters.

·
Registered
900 Posts
so why is this in the video show room?

·
MOAR BEWST!!!!
1,528 Posts
^ x2

and i would check the fuel pump/ fuel filter. It sounds like its getting choked of something and my guess is spark or fuel. I dont think however I would have stuck a screw driver in the plug wire and shorted it out like that you might have ruined your coil. just my 2 cents.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts