Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so hear it is. I was changing out the radio in my 2002 focus svt and i made a rookie mistake of letting the wire hit a ground. well to make a long store short i replaced the radio fuse checked the rest of the fuses and checked the starter. Not sure what else it could be but i need help. Please let me know what u think thanks!!!

Shawn

·
Registered
21 Posts
Any other symptoms? Are all other electrics working, ignition, lights, wipers etc. Is the car turning over? Is your central locking working, alarm etc and is the radio actually working.

·
Jetsetter
6,659 Posts
need more info please, there is another fuse box under the hood as well, if you haven't checked those fuses as well, that would be a good place to start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
everything else works. My light's, light my radio works and wipers heat from what i can tell since the car wont start. its exsactly like if i was trying to start the car without the clutch pushed in but i do. This is why im so confused. I thought maybe the starter but i just ran a extra power source to see and the selinoid spun. sorry not the best speller. i dont know if there is a alarm that i triggerd but there is nothing on the dash. thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
check the fuse for the starter?
i pulled that out of my winter beater when it was parked so no one could steal it, then i forgot i pulled it and spent an hour pulling every fuse, checking all the switches to find i was missing my starter fuse. so make sure thats not blown.

and that blinking light by your hazards does it blink really fast? if so you have a PATS issue.

·
Registered
21 Posts
everything else works. My light's, light my radio works and wipers heat from what i can tell since the car wont start. its exsactly like if i was trying to start the car without the clutch pushed in but i do. This is why im so confused. I thought maybe the starter but i just ran a extra power source to see and the selinoid spun. sorry not the best speller. i dont know if there is a alarm that i triggerd but there is nothing on the dash. thanks for the help guys
does it turn over, you have stated that you need to dip the clutch to start the car sometimes the sensor breaks so the car doesn't recognise the fact you have dipped the clutch.

·
Premium Member
21,259 Posts
Did you check all the fuses? I don't have a Zetec, but you can look up in the owner's manual. There is a fuse for the radio noise suppressor, and if that blows then the engine won't crank.

Please verify that your problem is a no crank problem or a crank but not start problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts