Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Ford Focus with an automatic transmission. I cannot get the car to move once started. It starts up just fine, it just won't move once a non-park gear is engaged. Even in neutral, the car sits there and does not rolls down the incline of the driveway.

The car does rock slightly when the car is moved to another gear. Almost like it is resettling on a center gimbal, readjusting to another wheel.

I have checked the transmission fluid and t seems dark, although I am unclear as to the color it should be. The level seems fine too.

There was some creaking when I revved it when in reverse. I stopped before any more protesting happened, just in case.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
39 Posts
The tranny fluid should not be dark at all!, it should be RED like a strawberry. change it ASAP and with motorcraft mercon V and maybe add lucas oil transmission fix as preventive maitanance it will prevent from damage.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Make sure none of your brakes are locked on or rusted to the rotor.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
yeah fluid should look new (bright red). its its really dark you night have burned clutch packs. is it throwing a CEL?

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Release the parking brake.

·
Registered
25 Posts
had a similar thing happen, turned out to be the rear drum brake shoes were catching on a rust ridge that had formed on the inside of the drum. It was caught so badly even when I revved the car up and let it go it wouldnt move at all. If you have disc brakes you may want to check all of your caliper slides to make sure the calipers are releasing.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I have a 2006 Ford Focus with an automatic transmission. I cannot get the car to move once started. It starts up just fine, it just won't move once a non-park gear is engaged. Even in neutral, the car sits there and does not rolls down the incline of the driveway.

The car does rock slightly when the car is moved to another gear. Almost like it is resettling on a center gimbal, readjusting to another wheel.

I have checked the transmission fluid and t seems dark, although I am unclear as to the color it should be. The level seems fine too.

There was some creaking when I revved it when in reverse. I stopped before any more protesting happened, just in case.

Thoughts?
Hi Naever,

Were you able to get your Focus moving? If not, you may want to consider having it towed to your nearest Ford dealer so they can diagnose it and get it back on the road. Please let me know if I can help with anything!

~Natasha

·
Registered
224 Posts
I know this thread is old but im having the exact same issue. Any ideas?

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
First step is to jack up each wheels and make sure the all are free from the brakes.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Your own thread, detailing YOUR symptoms/history/checks done would be MUCH more useful in getting answers. (New threads get more attention as well)

Most old threads are best for research into similar issues & their resolution (when given).

OP only made one post here, from the lack of subsequent posts I would guess that "Parking Brake Engaged" was his issue and it was quickly resolved.

Without any info. on your situation, guesses aren't of much use. For all we know the cable could be unhooked & it isn't shifting at all! Had a friend call me once & say his wouldn't move when shifted into gear. He neglected to mention it was stuck in a snow bank & he'd been rocking it hard to try & get out. Snapped a drive shaft when it got traction....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts