Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read this website often looking for information on anything from stereos, intake systems, and anything in between.
After washing my car last week, I noticed drops of water were still left on the paint, and I did not know how to remove them... any suggestions?

Hell, while we are at it, why not post your best car wash tips? recommended products, etc.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply, Chickie. However, I noticed there were not many tips that were car wash related.... useful information thought : )

·
Registered
650 Posts
I simply go to the car wash all winter long, gettin the under car wash of course, then come summer all by hand I wash , was a clean... not much to it...

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
I like the chamois cloth thing to get rid of the water droplets so they don't burn into the finish![}:)] Also, make sure you keep up on it having a good wax coat. The other day I sent my Focus through the self-wash bays and noticed the water wasn't beading off anymore, so I went home and waxed it up nice (figured I should take advatage of 50 degrees in December!)

·
fOCUS Zetec 2.0
292 Posts
I use a chamois to remove the water then a polishing cloth (open weave cotton) to remove the last little dorps of water, polish off any smears from the chamois on the windows and polish the chrome etc. Works like a treat, looks very professional.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I handwash in the summer but in the winter I take it through the automatic and let it dry it. It does leave a few droplets but not enough to worry me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts