Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving to my brothers school to drop him off for wrestling practice, and on the way back, I was taking off from a traffic light (but not fast) and when I reached 40 mph, the car just jerked, and when it did I heard this loud clunking noise underneath and this orange light came on in the dash.. It was a picture of a gear with an exclamation point in the middle of it. And when the light was on, I couldn't go faster than 30 mph. That went on for 3-4 seconds and then it went off and the tranny shifted back up and I was doing fine for the next few feet till I started hearing clicking noises in the dash.

So I pull over, shut the car off and call my mom and stepdad (I am only 16 and was told to call a parent/guardian if I was broke down on the side of the road) and my stepdad told me to just keep driving like usual and if it acts funny again, to take it home and leave it there until he can look at it that night. I call my mom back and tell her everything and while I was talking to her, I restart the car and take off. I wasn't barely going 25 mph and that light came back on and the car started jerking.. And the clicking noises in the dash got louder and quicker, following that...My fuel and temperature start flickering around like crazy. I turn the music up so I could ignore it until I get home and then the speakers start popping... And when I pulled over to wait for my mom to come and pick me up, I heard a hissing noise behind the car. A FLAT TIRE[shameful]

We thought it was the alternator, we had it checked and it came back perfect... And after it was checked, the tranny hasn't acted funny since.. But it still has a flat tire........ haha

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
That is really kinda wierd...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is getting ready to reach 127,000 miles... Maybe there's something that needs to be changed?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
something w/ the electrical system. before i read ur whole post, i was thinking electrical. sudden loss of power would be possibly lack of spark, or weak spark, thus something wrong w/ ur electrical system. but it could be more than one part in the electrical system, does it only do it under load?

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
Check your ground connections.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
something w/ the electrical system. before i read ur whole post, i was thinking electrical. sudden loss of power would be possibly lack of spark, or weak spark, thus something wrong w/ ur electrical system. but it could be more than one part in the electrical system, does it only do it under load?

No because I was the only one in the car and I had nothing else in there except my Nintendo Wii and 3-4 games in the trunk.. But like I said, after we got the alternator checked and it came back fine, it hasn't done anything.

I got 2 new tires a few days ago and have been driving it and it has done nothing... Yet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts