Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I got my 2012 Ford Focus in April. I have had no issues with it so far until last week. My trunk has now popped open 3 times while I've been driving. I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else, or if it's just me. Trying to figure out if its a defect, or if I just need something adjusted on my trunk latch.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Moved to "Ford Focus Technical Chat"

You should just take it back to the dealer to adjust. Warranties are there for a reason. Its probably a simple adjustment but best to let the dealer take care of it.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hey everyone,
I got my 2012 Ford Focus in April. I have had no issues with it so far until last week. My trunk has now popped open 3 times while I've been driving. I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else, or if it's just me. Trying to figure out if its a defect, or if I just need something adjusted on my trunk latch.
Hi odell127,

I second what BLRich1 said on visiting your dealer. [:)] The latch may just need to be adjusted, but it is best to let a technician inspect it first to determine the best way to fix it. Have a great evening!

~Natasha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts