Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
changed the plugs agian, wires, fuel filter, air filter, cleaned the maf, nothing helped it still has a really rough idle and bogging bad in 1st and 2nd gear, i pulled the maf sensor off the car and she still ran normal... is that suposed to happen? i know if i un hook my maf on the mustang she stalls out! anyways i unhooked the 1st o2 sensor and no change no check engine light nothing.. im confused im not sure what else to do?? i put fuel injection cleaner in the tank no help, tryed running higher octane no help, the car has NO low end torque it struggles to just get moving is there a way the timing could be retarding? can i advance it at all? the car has 135 compression across all cylinders and the plugs looked perfect when i changed them

·
Registered
170 Posts
Did you unplug the MAF meter or just pull off the hose?You should get a CEL if you unplug the MAF or the primary O2 sensor with the car running.Sounds like you may have an ECM issue from what I read.What had you changed prior to having this problem,or did it just happen one day?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
The car should run horrible with no MAF. I rode in my friend's SVT who was trying to diagnose a smiliar problem with some bucking below 2k and he ran a tune with the MAF disabled. The car would buck like no other and he decided not to even take it on the road it was so bad.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this problem just happend one day i started it up and it was running like crap, i pulled the maf completly off of the car and put it in the garage, there was no difference in the way the car ran same thing with the o2 sensor i have no idea what this cars issue is

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
get a used ecu from a salvage yard and try that. Your car should have died once you unplug the ecu.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i bought the car used so i dont know if the recall has been done

·
Registered
192 Posts
ford will know by the vin code
i would call them

·
Registered
420 Posts
I had the exact same problem, my car was idling and backfiring pretty bad...sounded like a wrx

anyways, a new headgasket was what worked for me. I started running mid-grade gass (89 octane) and that was working for a little bit. I currently always run 89 octane now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts