Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the first time it started was about a week ago, and the second time happened today. While going downhill, I shifted into N, everything's going fine. I happen to look down at the speedo, and all of a sudden all my dash lights some on, so I look at the tach and no RPM's. (NOTE) '06 just flipped 14K the other day. Anybody ever experience this or have any idea what the HE/_ /_ is going on? Before I take it to the dealership.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
No clue, hard to diagnose things like that, best to just take it in and use your warranty. Could be multiple things and rather then mess with them yourself, get them to fix it so you don't void anything by attempting a repair yourself.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I don't know if it's the same problem...but me and a bunch of other svt owners have had similar problems. We leave the car in neutral coming to a stop with our foot off the clutch and the car just silently stalls. I've recreated this a few times but never bothered to complain about it...i just keep my foot on the clutch till i come to a complete stop. Then i let go...hasn't happenned since then (at least so far)

I also remember a few people calling it in complaining but so far i dont think it's been a "big" enough of a problem for ford to actually do anything about it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
My 2000 zx3 does it as well. I blame the IAC and blocked off egr and will get to it eventually, for now i dont care, i just pop the clutch and contiune on my mary way.

Acutally now that i think about it, this happened about the same time i bypassed the egr. From my understanding the factory tune in the ecu uses the egr to help cool the CC on decel, removing the egr would screw with the way it works.....

I would hook it back up but im not wasting money on another dpfe sensor that will just die in a year again anyway.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the same problem on my Uk Mk1 focus 1.6L manual. When gear neutral coming to stop the rpm will dips down to very low and sometimes stall all these happen with the aircon on. As what u guys mentioned with the clutch depressed in it does help. This is caused by the IAC. With the WDS hooked up i'm able to see the IAC movement in %. At idle is about 44%, when the car is on the road coming to stop the rpm dips, i can see the IAC only open 29%-35% which is lower than the idle range and that explain why the engine stall or the rpm dips.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts