Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been having problems with the svt shutting itself off? Every so often when I come to a stop at a stoplight or when I get on the brakes fairly hard the car will just shut off? Also some times the idle fluctuates. Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Your ECU will need a couple of cold start runs to relearn and readjust. Give it some time, this is normal.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its been well over a month. And many cold starts later and It still does this. Could the reflash not have worked? Thanks

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Your computer will not relearn over night. I dont know the exact number, all I know that is takes several cold start runs. I dont mean cold start, quick trip. I mean cold start, good trip, car good and warmed up, good number of miles placed. Get what I'm saying.

Try this, when you get a chance, disconnect your battery. Say about 15 to 20 min later connect it back. This will reset your computer, may or may not help, try it and see. Your service dept should have done this, they might not have. Would explain the problems if this corrects them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts