Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...... First of let me say it was 28 degrees (thats cold for texas) any way I was at a stop light and I had my clutch pushed in and all of a sudden my car just dies like an old carb controlled car would--- it has done it sence but I was wondering if anybody would know why it would just die like that ---randomly?

thanks

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Fuel filter first. If it hasn't been done in 30K.

Second, are the plugs fresh? Could be a miss or a fouled plug. Any codes? Does it "rattle" before it dies, or does it just die.

·
Registered
784 Posts
was the engine still cold when it stalled?

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no....... i just got of the highway-- and it doesnt shutter or anything. it just died randomly ... it acted like someone turned off the key
it hasnt done it sence but i am just the curious type and i thought i should just throw the question out there for any type of responses

the filter should have been changed and the plugs should be somewhat fresh--- it is probably time to change that stuff though

thanks

·
Registered
784 Posts
do the cheep simple things first and work it from there

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
update-- i went and had the OBDII checked and nothing came up-- -i guess it was a fluk -- who knows--- maybe a ghost turned it off with out me looking -- oh well --it hasnt done it anymore

1 - 7 of 7 Posts