Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, the focus sounds horrible, almost like the engine is completely under water or something crawled in it and died. I have a sound clip but i need help uploading it please. There are no new engine codes, 2.0 zetec. It sat all winter and its been stored until a month ago until i went to start it and it barely started and could barely drive

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
upload the clip to youtube or mediafire

What have you done so far? Replace gas, oil, pcv, fuel filter, air filter, check vac hoses, wires, plugs, coil?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
This is just speculation and wild guessing on my part, for all I know there is a rats nest in your airbox or you have an exhaust leak. Regardless of the condition I would probably take it out and drive it hard to the nearest gas station, dump in a bottle of techron or regane and fill it with fresh gas. If it sat for months then it could have dropped several octane points if your fuel has ethanol and it went thru phase separation. If your tune is for premium gas this could be pa problem. Possibly return the tune to stock for troubleshooting further.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no airbox, cai, and thats exactly what i tried was to take out and drive it hard but just to get it to move i have to rev in to almost 3000, im going to see if i can get another coil from a junk yard. I just watched a video on youtube and it kinda sounded the same. and yes its tuned for premium, i'll try some new gas and a bottle of some kind of engine renewer or whatever

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Check plugs/wires.
Sounds like a misfire.

Also, how old is the fuel?
Anything more than about a month old is bad and won't want to burn correctly. Mix new in as much as possible or drain the old fuel out.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I use mobil1 synthetic. The fuel is a probably just over a month old. i put new 91 premium in last month when i first fired it up.

Yes I now believe its a misfire aswell. On the tops of 2 of the spark plugs look kind of dirty/foggy (if that makes sense) the other 2 still look brand new. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to pull them, my tools are at my mothers house to help her with all her renovations she's doing. I'm going to pick up two new plugs in the next day or 2. Im going to rule out the ignition coil until i get the new plugs and see if they solve the problem.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
If you are replacing plugs just do them all. They are cheap and this way you eliminate this from troubleshooting if the problem continues. Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts