Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
soo, im doing like 70 on a highway, getting ready to turn, so i get over to the right lane, and slow down to turn, break pedal is a little stiff, oh well. i start to turn the wheel, its not turning! so i crank the thing as hard as i can and barely make the corner. i look down, and all the lights are on like i stalled out. but i was moving!

this was a move, like the whole thing i've done before a hundred times. but the car shut down, so i had no power steering, and suddenly i realized it right at the corner. im not explaining this well cause im still scared like you wouldnt believe. i swear i may have had a heart attack. i hope you guys get an idea of what happened.

soooooo, why would my car shut down like that? cause i really, really, REALLLLLLY would like for that never to happen again.

Brian

·
Registered
79 Posts
check your battery terminals, i had the same thing happen to me, my terminals came lose. if thats not it, then check your intake and make sure you have no leaks, as well as your maf plug in....hope this helps.....

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im gonna go check all those things right now, thanks!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
checked all of it, it all seemed fine. after i realized the car was off, i was able to turn it back on, and it drove home fine. if that helps describe the issue any better.

i also check the oil, thats good. and the temp gauge showed fine after it happened as well.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
fuel pump, fuel filter... I know thats kinda common in the foci's and that can casue the car to die.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so should i take it to the shop so they can check it out? i mean its only happened once, but im gonna be driving alot for work this week, and i'd really like this not to happen.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
If you can do it yourself... try to check your fuel filter...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im not even going to pretend i know how to do that on this car.

is it easy? if so could you give me a little step through?

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
lets see here... I am not the expert on giving advice...

Something I would really like to suggest though is if it is the fuel filter or pump and if it only happened once then you should be ok til you can get it looked at as long as you don't let it go for a month.

I had that happen on my last car and it only happened once and it was a clogged filter so you will be ok... I promise if thats what it is I mean.

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,103 Posts
five-speed2.3 said:
im not even going to pretend i know how to do that on this car.

is it easy? if so could you give me a little step through?
As and ye shall receive.....

Clicky Clicky

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
that happened to me before but it was on a straightaway(luckily) i was just driving down a hill ataround 70 and i noticed the brakes went stiff too, and i tried to pull over and the steering wheel went tight and i noticed it was dead. no explanation, just died, worked fine never happened again

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats exactly what happened to me, it happened on the straight i think, but didnt notice until the turn. it hasnt happened since.

·
Registered
332 Posts
the same ting happened to me back when i got my car...a little before my second oil change...i was coming off the freeway put it in neutral and when i tried to go in on the brake everthing was stiff and everything you explained happened lights and all.....my pops told me it was bad gas....when i got my oil change at the ford dealer...he said the same thing...water my have gotten some shit like that...a hiccup...i dont know but it only happened once thank god because coming off the freeway at 70mph and your shit locks up is no fun

·
Registered
815 Posts
Same exact thing happen to me. Except I wasnt driving, I was at a stop light in the front. Whent he light turned greened i steped on accelerator and nothing happen. I was like wtf! I looked at my RPM, it was at 0. SO i just put car in parked started it and went on my buisness. I hope this never happens to me again, especiallyw hile driving.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts