Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am due for an oil change really badly, but I don't think that would cause shaking. When driving lately I have noticed it has been taking longer to accelerate than it used to, and also when going about 55+MPH it shakes when I take my foot off the gas pedal. If I put my hand on the dash I can feel it. What could this be? I had a new transmission installed a couple months ago, shifting really smooth. [?]

Also if any of you know what could cause a plastic bottle or Styrofoam cup sound (you know when you crinkle it) when going slow and braking.. let me know.

Thanks!

:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not to sure sbout the plastic bottle noise, but as for the shaking its your motor mounts and its more than likely the passenger side mount, everyone ends up replacing it. You can find them on amazon for $50 ish though the shipping will really bring the price up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Not to sure sbout the plastic bottle noise, but as for the shaking its your motor mounts and its more than likely the passenger side mount, everyone ends up replacing it. You can find them on amazon for $50 ish though the shipping will really bring the price up.
Yep, that passenger side motor mount solved my vibration problem. (2009 w/80K miles)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts