Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Focus is a 2014 SE, almost 5 months out of the dealer, 2400 miles, and lately i've been having this issue: shifting from Reverse to Drive, the prompt about the Rear Park Aid stays on, even though I shift to drive. it won't turn off, unless i turn the engine off and on again.
I have attached a photo of the instrument panel.

Anybody have this problem ? Should I take it to service ?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the MkIII section for more looks.

Taking it in for service would be appropriate, looks like a computer glitch that might need reprogramming.

Welcome to FF

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had to take my 2012 in for the same thing. It happened about once a week and they ended up doing some type of reset on that display.
The only way I could get it to go away was to turn the car off and back on.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Did you to try to go over 7mph and see if the message disappear ?

If I go in reverse, I see the camera on screen. When I go back in drive, it stays there until I go above 7mph.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you to try to go over 7mph and see if the message disappear ?

If I go in reverse, I see the camera on screen. When I go back in drive, it stays there until I go above 7mph.
Yes, I tried to drive but it didn't work. I did not try driving in reverse.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Mine does this the odd time.. I can totally recreate it when backing up at VERY slow speed and slipping to drive without touching the brake. Seems like a minor glitch in the system.

And that's on a 2012 dct

·
Registered
233 Posts
Mine does this the odd time.. I can totally recreate it when backing up at VERY slow speed and slipping to drive without touching the brake. Seems like a minor glitch in the system.

And that's on a 2012 dct
Have you visited the dealer regarding this, bawxcar? I suggest doing so for a diagnosis if you haven't already. Also, please fill me in with an up-to-date odometer reading; I'll research this further.

Brittany

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
My Focus is a 2014 SE, almost 5 months out of the dealer, 2400 miles, and lately i've been having this issue: shifting from Reverse to Drive, the prompt about the Rear Park Aid stays on, even though I shift to drive. it won't turn off, unless i turn the engine off and on again.
I have attached a photo of the instrument panel.

Anybody have this problem ? Should I take it to service ?
Has the concern remedied itself or have you been to the dealer to have it taken care of? If not, please send me a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, dealer name/location.

I usually just turn on cruise control, then turn it off again to get rid of that.
Have you been consistently/currently experiencing this concern? Please let me know. :) If you are, go a head and send a PM with the info requested above.

Meagan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Has the concern remedied itself or have you been to the dealer to have it taken care of? If not, please send me a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, dealer name/location.

Have you been consistently/currently experiencing this concern? Please let me know. :) If you are, go a head and send a PM with the info requested above.

Meagan
Thank you. Info PM'd.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've noticed that this happens to me if I put it in reverse RIGHT AFTER starting. Like < 1 sec. after starting. I just pop it in neutral and shutdown, restart.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I've noticed that this happens to me if I put it in reverse RIGHT AFTER starting. Like < 1 sec. after starting. I just pop it in neutral and shutdown, restart.
Have you been to your dealer to have this looked into? Please let me know, along with your mileage, so I can see how to best assist.

Meagan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts