Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car recently joined the 200k club and now is having issues.

Tonight I was going down the highway and the car seem to kick out of gear, the multifunction light (trans/coolant) came on and the car seem to die. I let off the gas and was pulling onto the off ramp and all seem to be normal.

I get to the soccer field and when I go to pull in the car again seem to pop out of gear, multifunction light comes on and it dies.

When it was time to go home the car started running very poorly, trans would seem to be in neutral(slipping). I pulled off into a parking lot as there was no way I could drive all the way home like that.

While in the parking lot the car would idle rough, but smooth out above 1100 RPM while in Park or Neutral. If the car was in any gear it would run rough. Not sure if these cars have some time of brake/gas logic, but I tired power braking it and about 1300 RPM was all it would do with the foot to the floor with lots of vibations, seeming to come from the trans. While waiting for a ride I continued to play and the car would pretty much die if put into any gear. In Park or neutral it would stay running but rough at idle.

There is no CEL so I'm guessing no codes to pull.

Not sure what happens with trans failures as I think these have some electronics inside them.

Any suggestions?

Recent fixes were a new EGR, pressure switch and solenoid as it was throwing a code for the EGR. No codes for a few weeks now.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Did ya ever figure out the problem? What was it? from what you're describing, at least it sounds to me, like what my car was doing when I had a vacuum leak (at least, I think that was the problem at that time :) )

·
Registered
625 Posts
There was a time , when i had a issue similar to this , but it was oil leaking down to the spark plugs and cause missfires and making the entire car run rough . Doesn't explain the falling out of gear issue , but maybe the running rough . Also vaccum leaks can cause all sorts of weird things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts