Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Have just bought an aftermarket Pioneer radio for my 2006 Focus CL (Australian Model)

Just trying to work out the wiring on the car side. Have the Haynes book (UK 2005 to 2009 54 to 09 registration Petrol), and on page 12.33, all the speaker wires are colour coded, but without physically looking at the speakers, how do I know which speaker wire is +ve and -ve?

I was always taught that the wire with the stripe is negative, but these are all multi coloured. The diagram I have states:

SPEAKER WIRES

LH Front - Grey/Red
White/Red

RH Front - Grey/Black
White/Black

LH Rear - Grey/White
White/Violet

RH Rear - Grey
White

Anyone know the answer/able to read wiring diagrams better than me (amateur)

Thanks

Clarky [wave]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm, that wiring link in post #4 appears to be for the earlier model focus. I'll see if I can add my own when I have sorted it all out.

Bit of a pig replacing the factory fitted unit with an aftermarket double din on these models. You need the X4 removal keys, a double din fascia adapter (factory unit not a standard double din size) and the harness adapter if you don't want to cut the plug off, This plug proved hard to source (I am in australia). Ebay all the way on this one.

You may also need to re-use the mounting brackets from the factory radio, as some aftermarket stereos do not come with any fittings. I had to re-drill the holes on mine. Can post a how to if anyone else is considering it. (didn't see this model in the "how to" archive.)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Clarky, just saw this thread now. Could have read the schematic for you. if you ever need help reading a schematic, just send me a PM.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Good video too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts