Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the last few weeks my 2011 focus has been starting slow. I thought it may have been the cold weather but today my car completely didn't start with it only being 30 degrees or so( it was stutter while starting but when I'd stop the gauge cluster needles twitched rapidly then would stop.)Eventually my dad charged the battery while I was at work and he turned it on and it said I had no fuel at all 0 miles til empty. But I know my car had between 1/4 and 1/2 tank left. There appears to be no leak or fuel smell near my car. So what happened? Or what should I check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
most likely the car had a dead battery and it needed to re calibrate the actual fuel level. if i pull the battery off my car 2003 Jaguar x-type does similar the gauge shows 1/4 even if i have 3/4 and takes about 5 minutes to show correct then the fuel left per km shows up but doesn't fully calibrate until i start driving

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Moved to General Tech Chat

First thing to do is get the battery tested, and check the cable attachments there. You didn't really mention cranking speed vs. firing up, but the comments lead toward battery/connection issues.

·
Registered
16,026 Posts
X3-check battery. Get a loadtest. They don't last forever and simply recharging them when dying can ruin other stuff.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help everyone. I am getting it tested today. I'll let everyone know if it works out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts