Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well my order date was 8/30/2011 and the build date was 9/20/2011. That following Saturday my salesman said it left the factory and should be to the dealership the following week. ETA 9/26 or 9/27.

As of yesterday still no show.

Today he calls to say my car and a bunch of others are 'on hold' still at the factory and apparently even though it was released Sat the 24th it never left there. He could not give me any details but they told him it would be to the dealer in 7-10 business days from today.

To me it sounds like they found a quality issue and did a recall before it left factory?

Any thoughts or anyone with knowledge as to what 'on-hold' means?

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Yeah, that is what it seems to be.
Probably on final inspection some issue was seen, and they then pulled a bunch of the cars to make certain they are OK.
I would be sad it occured on a car i had been waiting on.. but then it is also good because at least you know they are trying to make perfect cars...
Could be anything from paint, to wrong part in there, or whatever...
Have patience. I hope you love it even MORE when you get it. I really am getting happier every time i drive.. and see over 40+mpg on the meter..
Whoo Hoo!! [thumb]

·
Registered
92 Posts
My car was on hold for 2 months and I got it with 200 k's and nothing but grief, hopefully yours is not the same
How can they put so many miles/kilometers on a vehicle and then sell them? What constitutes a used vehicle? I drive a brand new vehicle off the lot...automatically used. But since the dealer uses it, it doesn't take off any value?

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
What constitutes a used vehicle? I drive a brand new vehicle off the lot...automatically used. But since the dealer uses it, it doesn't take off any value?
Oh, you didn't get the memo?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Oh, you didn't get the memo?
Unacceptable.

I get my car with more than 10 miles...I will be insisting on a discount. I ordered a new vehicle, and anything more than "standard" testing mileage makes that vehicle a used vehicle.

Standard testing means; what is done to every car before the hand-off from dealer to customer.

I don't see this being done to every car.

Hostess does QC on their products, but you don't see them packaging a one-bite-less twinkie and selling it...

...okay rediculous analogy but still...

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Mine had 297 miles when I bought it. It was at the dealer for over a month, though. I can't imagine that many people test drove it...

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Mine was built 9/26 and was delivered down here to Florida 10/10... Could be annnything! [dunno] Sit tight you will hopefully get it soon.

My car had 8 miles on it when I first got in it today, and just over 1/4 tank of gas...

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I won't accept it with more than 20 miles on it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Management at the plant must be pulling their hair out. Demand, but
not much supply. Bad Economics 101.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Will not accept a car with more than 10 miles. I'm willing to bet with 90 percent certainty you are not a businessman or self employed. I would guess maybe a Government worker.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well still no Focus for me. I will give them until the end of this month. If it does not arrive by then I will probably cancel. My other choice was the 2012 Subaru Impreza which arrives in November. It's not nearly as nice looking as the Focus but AWD similar MPG. I have had a few Subies over the years and still own a 2005 Saab 92x Aero which is a rebadged Subaru Impreza WRX. They make quality cars.

·
low n slow
2,163 Posts
for those of you with cars showing up with around 300 miles on them id bet somebody at the stealership enjoyed putting those miles on your car. i see that as completly un acceptable when others are getting their cars with 5 or 6 miles on it like would be expected

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update:

My dealer got back to me last week Weds and said that Ford rep told them it was on hold for a 'quality check' (hard to believe for 5 weeks) and nothing was found to be wrong with the car. They said it left the factory and I should have it any day.

Still nothing...

I asked Natasha for help and this is what she said:

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reaching out to me! Your Focus is currently awaiting shipment. Due to a flood following Tropical Storm Lee, a major U.S. automotive carpet and floor mat manufacturer has been experiencing production delays affecting many automakers, and the Focus is one vehicle impacted. I know this isn't ideal, but check in with me next week and I'll see if it's entered transit. Thanks for your patience!

~Natasha

Weird that my car was built on Sep 20th but is on-hold for floor mats?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BTW the Subaru Impreza is delayed until December.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Impreza is an impressive car. Amazing MPG for an AWD car, impressive styling (MUCH better than the outgoing model, cannot wait to see the WRX and STi versions of the new design!) and much upgraded overall. Interior is still a bit bland, without the bells and whistles the Focus offers, but I don't think you can go wrong if you decide to get the Impreza.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts