Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2007 ford focus 1.6i hatchback, my battery went flat so i jumped started it and drove to a battery place to have it tested, they told me the battery was dead and i need a new battery, i bought the new battery and drove the car for two days, then it just went dead, no lights on dashboard, no crank, but the immobilser comes on, park lights come on, hazards come on and i can lock and unlock the car with key, i took the car to ford dealer and they told me, the ecu is damaged, the harness is damaged and the key needs programming and wanted R45000 to replace it. I told ford they are crazy and that i will take my car back home and fix it myself. I dont beleieve that my wires are burnt, because i did a diagnose on the car before going to ford the fault read key not reading ecu. I have sent the ecu for repairs. any ideas as to what i need to do if this car does not start with the repaired ecu.
thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh great..my bf just bought an ‘06 and it had same prob (among others) but we assumed it just needed an alternator. Dropped off to mechanic today (not Ford dealer) so🤞. But now I’m extra worried from reading your post. Did you happen to find out for sure yet? (I originally joined to find info on easy fix for the 2 front car doors not opening from outside😕)

*please let us know when you figure out the real issue/cost on your battery issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts