Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as the title sais...When I lock my car with 2 presses on the key fob, it is no longer beeping consistently. Sometimes it will beep and sometimes it wont. I make sure all the doors are closed and it still wont beep.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How often do you use your horn? A few of us have had our horns stop working because of corrosion in the connector.

See the last post in this thread:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327244&page=4
very rarely do i use my horn, other than when im double clicking the fob to lock it..which is fairly regular. On a side not, today my beep is working with the double touch. So its in and out...any tsb or anything about this? I feel like having a horn not working is somewhat of a hazard.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
No TSB as far as I know.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Could it be the door closed sensor? I know for some cars the double tap horn doesn't work if the hood or any door's sensor is not working or not reporting door closed even if the door is physically closed.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Could it be the door closed sensor? I know for some cars the double tap horn doesn't work if the hood or any door's sensor is not working or not reporting door closed even if the door is physically closed.
Yes, I think it could be that as well.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Yes, I think it could be that as well.
Try it. If one door is not closed correctly, or not closed at all, it'll double beep a lot slower. You know something is wrong in this case. It did happen 2 or 3 times to me.

I also suggest like others said, check the horn and the connector first. Since your car is out of the warranty, you may want to check what it is considered easy before going to the dealer.

Do you have any Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) ?

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
So as the title says...When I lock my car with 2 presses on the key fob, it is no longer beeping consistently. Sometimes it will beep and sometimes it wont. I make sure all the doors are closed and it still wont beep.
Have you been to your dealer to have this looked into? Please let me know, along with your mileage. I'll see how I can best assist.

Meagan

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
any updates

has there been any news breaking on this issue? My car was beeping again for a bit with no issue...well this week it has decided to stop beeping when double touching the remote again. Wuuuuts the deal *jerry seinfeld voice*

·
Registered
20 Posts
i had the same issue, was as simple as an animal chewed up the wires to the horn. Had an animal chew up my wires to one of the cam sensors. Crazy still ran like that. Just ran not the greatest and had a check engine light.
Just do a simple inspection of the area to find anything obvious

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The thing is, the doors lock and unlock just fine. It just doesn't beep when I click it twice. It was fine 2 weeks ago, then bam, back to no beep.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So i just figured out tonight that my alarm all together is not working. I had a buddy get inside and i double locked the door then had him hop out...no beep.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
So, since our cars don't actually have a factory alarm, does the 2nd press honk do anything other than annoy the poop out of me? Sorry to phrase it facetiously, but I'm serious....

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Gives people who want it a confirmation honk to show doors locked.

About the only time I use it on mine is if I'm not right at the car when pushing the button & want a confirmation it's locked. (walked away & not sure locked, locking from indoors, locking from another vehicle as I drive/ride away.....)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Ok, that makes sense, I find it annoying when people do it when people are standing close by... the lights flashing on the the first push also shows it locked successfully. Personally I only use it to find my car in a large parking lot when I'm not 100% sure... So OP, do the lights flash at least when you push the button? Then you know it's at least locking and can make your troubleshooting down to the horn... test the horn randomly when it won't startle others and go from there.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
I just noticed tonight my car is doing the same thing.

So, since our cars don't actually have a factory alarm, does the 2nd press honk do anything other than annoy the poop out of me? Sorry to phrase it facetiously, but I'm serious....
Actually our cars do have an alarm. The second key press is for lockconfirmation as Sailor pointed out.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Ok, the first press does lock and alarm and second press is only for confirmation/annoy? As long as the lights flash on the first press we're good right?

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Correct.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts