Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday when I was driving, I stopped at a red light and when I went to accelerate, the car lurched once it reached 2500 rpm and continued to have issues accelerating, the check engine light also came on. I was concerned that I might break down but it was able to get up to speed. As I watched I noticed that the issue happens only when it gets up to 2500 rpm; if my foot is on the gas, it will lurch and drop down in rpm. If I was careful about accelerating and took my foot off the gas before it reached 2500 rpm, it could make it up to speed without lurching, but still wouldn't go above 2500 rpm. I've had this issue a couple times in the past. 2 years ago it was serviced and they said it was something wrong with the solenoids, so they replaced them.

I had it serviced several months ago and no problems were detected, a couple weeks later, this happened on the way to work, but by the time I went to go home, the issue was gone. It performed just fine until yesterday when the issue arose again.

For reference: 2012 Ford Focus Hatchback SE, automatic transmission

1 - 1 of 1 Posts