Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i got my draxas header on and i have the MBRP and my SRI. i noticed that when i floor it the car lags really bad and takes for ever to get up to speed almost like it doesnt know that i just pushed the pedal through the floor. what could this be from? do i need a new TB? to i need a new intake manni? i dont know help me out please

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
well i cant see there being any lag caused by a header... the header should only make things flow out a little better, since thats really all its doing.

but as for the laging issue i have the same problem it seems like at about 3,000 rpms all the power kicks in. I've been told that since i put on a CAI it takes away a little tq to give yourself a better high end?

dont know if thats true or not but thats what ive been told.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
tell me you reset the ECU and disconnected the battery prior to working on the car...

that's a general rule to engine work...

But if you have done that... then I don't know what It could be...
a header ususally makes the car faster.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
gottaride28 said:
I've been told that since i put on a CAI it takes away a little tq to give yourself a better high end?

dont know if thats true or not but thats what ive been told.
not true. At least for a duratec, any thing other than the stock filter results in more hp/tq.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no tune and holy shit i cant belive that i forgot to reset the battery i feel like a dubass but i did drive 1000 miles with the header on and no CEL yet i thought that was kinda wierd im gonna go do the battery right now

·
Registered
407 Posts
from what my friend says " to much is being let out, to quick" i guess with the stock setup everything is good, when i out my exhaust on, it was letting to much out to fast....

but i would like an answer for this also if someone has one, before i could spin the tires and it was fun, but after the exaust it feels like it bogs down and then it gains power after 2.5-3 rpms[scratch] [scratch] [scratch]

·
Registered
859 Posts
My guess is that something that you disconnected did not get reconnected (i.e., vacuum hose) or something was knocked loose by accident.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
i used to have a lag but Walter Marcy toke care of that, in fact last week i put in my stock tune and the lag was there, but once i upload the tune the lag was gone again

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Thats what I thought thanks god I got my tune before the header.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Did you ever get your header installed? and if so, how do you like it! :)

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i reset the ECU (thanks foci) and wow no more lag everythign is fine now drove a couple hundred miles after the reset and the car powers so nicely now i love it dont like the sound but love the power. kinda makes me wish i had the 2.3 i bet those guys get soem really nice gains. the car puls so much harder. like most of u i cant wait to get a tune . no i have to save up agaqin to get that. to bad i cant get a sweet deal on a tune lke i did on the header for less the 100.00 the i would really be happy. but yes i recommend this to everyone and tomorrow ill get the sound clips up

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok that right there is something that you should never do unless u want to [:)][:)][:)][:)] some stuff up on your car. all u do is unhook th eneg (-) side for 30 secs and your good then let the car idle for 1 min then another min with the AC on full then drive 5 miles with no AC then 5 miles FULL AC

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
lol where do people get all these "codes" from....

I'll just unhook the battery overnight while its sittin on jackstands gettin the calipers painted [thumb]

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
I have never heard of messing anything up by holding the cables together....

granted I only did it once but I never noticed anything wrong after that.

·
puddins betch
0 Posts
i have never heard the cable thing, but the battery- i have mine un hooked for 10 minutes and then that has worked for me but i would check the tune and see if it is set up for the mods. you have and yes my power kicks in about 3000RPM as well. i have been told with out a lot of work a 4CYL will allways need a little winding up to perform

1 - 20 of 22 Posts