Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm unsure why the video is vertical when I filed it horizontally, I wanted to avoid a vertical video but alas, here it is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxgT1vDkmkLGQUdxaXY4cURUdW8/view?usp=sharing

About 18 seconds in I come to a stop while driving and you can hear the car jerk. A few months ago I had new motor mounts put in but it still does this. Could it be the transmission mount?

And how on earth can I get the damn thing to stop beeping while I am driving? One of the doors has a broken handle and won't open, and the trunk latch is broke from where someoen broke into it when it was in the ownership of the previous owner. As such I believe that may be the cause of the non-stop beeping but I am unable to find a switch or something that could be held/taped/bonded down to make it think it's shut. Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
BTW your CEL is on, might want to get the car scanned for codes (DTC's).

Yeah, might be a bad trans mount (dogbone) but seems like a hard shift into 1st gear (maybe) too. Do you get the same/similar Bump when shifting into Reverse?

My car has a solid warning tone only while Drivers side door is open & in Drive; when other doors are open = no audio warning. Your beeping sounds similar to my Seat Belt warning tone. WAIT, maybe I do have that type of beeping, when key is On, and in Park, and I open the Drivers side door. I will check it next time I drive me car.

Door switches are easy to find, they are exposed while door is open. Look again, on the car frame door jamb, see link below.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nu2d5j.jpg

Edit - I have not tried my car yet, but I do NOW remember that tone and beeping. Only happens when key is in Acc/On and I open the drivers side door while in Park; but if in Drive, I get a solid tone not a beeping tone. Not sure why you would have that beeping tone while driving. Probably a GEM program difference between the years. I would guess your problem lies within the drivers side door switch circuit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts