Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a serious problem. When I take off in 1st or 2nd my car studders a little bit. It is really noticeable when I mash the pedal hard. It does work throught the studder... in other words if I keep the pedal mashed it will stop, but it is really noticable. The car didn't do this until I installed my JBA Shorty Headers, RT High Flow Cat, 2.5" Flex, and Borla Exhaust. I have checked all the fitting places to make sure there are no leaks? I replaced gaskets.

Is anyone or has anyone experienced this phenomena?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
does it studder when you come to a complete stop also? mine studders and almost stalls when i come to a complete stop..it might be the fuel pump, you should check that out...i know there's a recall on that (i believe its the fuel pump) and i'm taking mine in next week for it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
check to make sure nothing is touching your axles, i had a problem with that with ym exhuast (mbrp) it was rubbing the rear axle and like making a noise, i dont know if its the same thing, but just check it might be that, seriously mine was in 1st and 2nd when the car squats a lil

·
Registered
170 Posts
oh. i thought you meant a noise kinda thing, i didnt know it was power, it might be you ECU, it could be confused with all the addys you put on

·
Registered
732 Posts
When you installed your mods did you disconnect the battery? That way, after you get your mods on, and you reconnect the battery the ECU will know there are new parts and allow for the car to flow the extra air.

·
Registered
732 Posts
hmmm you put your mods on about 7 months ago. Did it start after you put your mods on or did it just start recently?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Is your intake tubing hooked up correctly and tightly. My intake tubing came disattached slightly from my throttlebody was was causing surging and major idle problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts