Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to start my car last night and it started and then it died.i pulled the keys out of ignition and it kept cranking? any ideas

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
take a really big boulder and drop it on the car, it works for me some times. oh and need more info like are the lights on, is it making a clickin noise, is it just not turning over.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
even though the lights are on did you try to jump start it, maybe the battery has enought juice to power the assoc but no the engine had that happen to me on more than one occasion

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
well, if you think it's that, try banging the starter a little to get it to let go of the flywheel.

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
Sounds like a bad ignition module, but I think on newer cars things are done differently that that function is performed by the computer. I know there is a starter relay, look in your owners manual to see which relay is the one used by the starter, and pull it to see if that will stop the clicking. If the clicking or situation is not resolved by removing the relay- then physically check the starter.

And yeah, tap the back end close to the bellhousing lightly with a hammer until it free's up, if you have a rubber mallet or dead blow hammer you can really land one on it without worries of breaking the aluminum.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Let us know.. I believe the solenoid on the starter locked or got "stuck" on, I had an old porsche do that to me once, also check the relay for water or corrosion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts