Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As i was driving from my house to school, my cd player just started sounding funny and i started loosing horse power. I kept driving and everytime i would let go of the gas the car would seem like its stalling and it slows down, and when i would try to add gas it stalls for a sec and then it finally kicks in. It seems like its alot slow. When i pulled into my school my AC had a funky smell to it, and when i opened my engine in the top left hand side (some where around my timing belt) u hear a pst noise. I have a zx3 automatic. Anyone have any ideas what it could be?

I was going to put in a new muffler next week because its been really wobbly, but i was gonna do that next week. Would this have something to do with my muffler? i just got the car 3 weeks ago so im worried :-\

THanks in advance

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
^^^i dont it has anything to do with your muffler, hmm my guess is its electrical or its the transmission. Are you still under warrenty, if so bring it to ford and have them look at it. Do not disconnect the battery though and reset the computer, b/c then itll delete and problems it picked up and the service dept wont be able to see what happeneed.

·
Registered
549 Posts
make sure your serpintine belt didnt break...cause your a/c compressor would stop spinning and you would lose your alternator and that would cause the car to run bad once the battery ran low. thats what it sounds like to me

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No its not under warranty... and i didnt touch the battery or anything... when my radio died... it was the speakers that didnt work.. :(

·
Registered
549 Posts
if your belt isnt broken, check all of your fuses under your hood....it could be a sign of a electrical problem......

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay well i looked at the belts and they all seemed fine... not much wear and tear since the car only has 45 thousand miles. i also looked at all my fuses and they all looked clean. i drove the car around my parking lot but it was okay. the ac was pumpin and the radio worked fine.

·
Registered
549 Posts
so the problem fixed itself? did you miss a shift or drive the crap out of your car just prior to this problem? the car will run like crap if you miss a shift and peg the fuel cut off by accident..but after a few minutes it will run fine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its an automatic, so if the cars doing that its retarted... lol... but umm im gonna take it to my mechanic just to make sure

·
Registered
549 Posts
i dont see how.....unless your catylictic conv. is clogged up...you got me

·
Registered
527 Posts
the noise sounds like it could be a vacum leak. that wouldnt effect your cd player tho.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Like CAIS95 said, it could be your cat is clogged. But if the performance is back, then hmmmm, I dunno. Sounds stupid, but does it need coolant, or is the oil low?

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
did the battery light ever come on during that whole ordeal?

·
Registered
758 Posts
Gump, what does happen when Alex Trebek has a picture of a giraffe on his ass during an earthquake?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts