Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just wanted to add all the noises I was hearing, including what sounded like pinging turned out to be the engine mount.
There are now no noises sqeekes or rattles.
Should I replace the roll mitigator and trans. mount too ?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
w/ my magic bag
29,301 Posts
Prop rod grommet and upgraded rotors and pads next.

Sent from my SM-N920T using FF Mobile
Upgrade your rotors/pads w/ a svt swap.....You'll need to swap out the spindles of course.....Get a pr of '05 spindles if you can't find svt spindles.

·
Registered
15,421 Posts
Look at Dorman Motormite parts for a grommet, IIRC I used one intended for shock or shifter bushing or somesuch, cut a slit in the side to get it on and looks like OEM part and cheap. Been on the cars for years.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Upgrade your rotors/pads w/ a svt swap.....You'll need to swap out the spindles of course.....Get a pr of '05 spindles if you can't find svt spindles.
I would but more cost effective to get Centric slotted rotors made with better alloy than my OEMs and better pads to match.
My OEMs are hot-spotted.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Look at Dorman Motormite parts for a grommet, IIRC I used one intended for shock or shifter bushing or somesuch, cut a slit in the side to get it on and looks like OEM part and cheap. Been on the cars for years.
Great idea....pep boys might have something.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So happy to hear your success story... I have a very vibrate-y SVTF and have a passenger's mount being shipped over here this week, fingers tightly crossed that I will also experience an epic transformation!

·
Registered
413 Posts
I replaced all 3 of my motor mounts and it is awesome now with all the vibration gone. The primary culprit was the driver side upper mount under the airbox. It was totally collapsed causing the metal on metal and vibration was transmitted to the frame. I sheared off a bolt on the dogbone mount and it was a bear to fix from that point forward but the other two can be done in about 15 minutes each. It is pretty easy to get to the upper ones just to inspect them so I would suggest looking at the driver side mount to see how it looks so you can order that one too if needed. Look at the picture of a new one so you know what to look for. There is a gap that should be there on a good mount and if it is closed up, you know you have a bad one.

2003FocusMotor Mounts.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the details on the motor mounts, I do believe this is exactly the source of the vibration issue with the '06 I drove today and hope to buy Monday if it doesn't sell over the weekend while I work my tail off in a rental car to make the needed cash.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I replaced all 3 of my motor mounts and it is awesome now with all the vibration gone. The primary culprit was the driver side upper mount under the airbox. It was totally collapsed causing the metal on metal and vibration was transmitted to the frame. I sheared off a bolt on the dogbone mount and it was a bear to fix from that point forward but the other two can be done in about 15 minutes each. It is pretty easy to get to the upper ones just to inspect them so I would suggest looking at the driver side mount to see how it looks so you can order that one too if needed. Look at the picture of a new one so you know what to look for. There is a gap that should be there on a good mount and if it is closed up, you know you have a bad one.

View attachment 256681
Yep... mine felt like a limousine after replacing my motor mount

·
Registered
38 Posts
New motor mount looks good! I've replaced that particular mount on an '02, '06, and '07 focus, fixed the vibration issues each time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey do you know if the mounts are bad, you’d get a vibration when at a dead stop and starting to accelerate? Happens only sometimes but again most of the times. Did you have these issues when the mounts were bad?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts