Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well i feel like and ass for not looking at the fluid level but i looked at my rad res and relizied there was no fluid in it so i toped it of and all it did was go right into the engine that when my heart stopped did that car not have and fluid in it now i always look at the engine temp it never went past midway so i wanna know was there enough fluid in it to stop it from over heating i noticed that heat wasent working right the other day car was warmed up but no heat till i gave it gas is that because there was no fluid in it to transfer heat also whats even more stupid is a see fluid dripping from the tranny its watery my brother said it was rad fluid and i forgot to check it till now so im guessing my leak is on the drivers side which mans its not from the pump im just hoping i didnt [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] the engine up cause i just hit 55k and it still runs new right now its topped off and im letting the engine run to get and air out

·
Registered
324 Posts
lol, that is the longest sentence i have ever read in my life. as for your problem, it sounds like ur thermostat could be shot. i have no idea on cooling issues to be honest... wait till the proper techies chimes in lol!

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Do a search for thermostat housing, as there is a high probability that is your problem, i.e., you most likely need to replace the thermostat housing, and, as long as you are in there, the thermostat as well.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea it was a long sentance. i was in a hurry there so much going on. the leak i can deal with for now ill fix it next week im just hoping there no damage to the motor as for the leak u guys think is coming from the therm houseing is it the gasket? i just am wondering since the temp sensor is by the therm i hope i was getting a good reading and the car didnt over heat i hate that ford dosent have a low coolant warning on the car.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
> im just hoping there no damage to the motor

Water over the dam, so to speak. Just find the leak, fix it, and keep your fingers crossed.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its not coming from the houseing, dryer then the desert i guess ill have to trace all the hoses as for the motor i worried because tomorrow im driving 1200 miles to complete my move from nj to central florida my wife just totaled our 08 ses that wasent even 6 months old (i hate old people) so this car has to last i ran out of fundage so no money to replace a bad motor i was hoping some1 would come on here and say that there was still fluid in the system just not the overflow tank but it was so low that it took some time be4 it started filling the overflow.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i give up on her now the tps is shoot again i just replaced in twice in 3 months this car just dosent wanna leave. nissan offerd me 10k for trading it on a seR im soo thinking about it now

·
Registered
305 Posts
ok well i feel like and ass for not looking at the fluid level but i looked at my rad res and relizied there was no fluid in it so i toped it of and all it did was go right into the engine that when my heart stopped did that car not have and fluid in it now i always look at the engine temp it never went past midway so i wanna know was there enough fluid in it to stop it from over heating i noticed that heat wasent working right the other day car was warmed up but no heat till i gave it gas is that because there was no fluid in it to transfer heat also whats even more stupid is a see fluid dripping from the tranny its watery my brother said it was rad fluid and i forgot to check it till now so im guessing my leak is on the drivers side which mans its not from the pump im just hoping i didnt [:)] [:)] [:)] [:)] the engine up cause i just hit 55k and it still runs new right now its topped off and im letting the engine run to get and air out
well if your not using coolant fliud(green or gold) like your supposed to. water will eveporate quickly making it harder for you to locate the exact leak.
i would safely guess 9/10 times that fluid runnig on/off the tranny is a bad thermo housing/seal( that little plug under the housing you svt guys have).

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
used green antifreeze im gonna replace the houseing for shits and giggles when i get down south i have extra coolant on hand just in case i see it looks shinny and that prob means antifreeze is on it is there a how to and would it be bad to drive from nj to florida with a bad tps im suppose to leave tomorrow morning im gonna try and buy 1 but im sure no1 has it in stock so guess im leaveing later then i wanted to

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
There must be a leak somewhere. Sometimes it's hard to locate. Are you seeing more steam than usual from the exhaust? You could have a head gasket problem. I'd go for the really difficult to locate coolant leak first though. I've seen coolant run from one side of the engine to the other depending on the angle the car is sitting on.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i made it to florida car ran perfect no signs that i damaged the motor i avg 33 mpg the new fuel filter i installed last week must have helped i replaced the tsp sensor for a 3rd time now theres gotta be somthing wrong that its going out all the time. the leak in the cooling system is from the housing for the thermo its really small itll all leaked out cause i havent checked it in more then 3 months so ill replace it sometime soon. i have to worry about replacing my 08 ses that was totaled 3 days be4 xmas that didnt even have 5k on it. stupid old people in there big suvs!

·
Registered
743 Posts
i would say the same thing about the head gasket. had a similar issue with losing both anti-freeze.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts