Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some knob keyed the car while we were in the grocery store. Some people just don't like others having nice things.
It's going to cost $1500-2000 to have the panel repainted and they also got the spoiler too so instead of the paint shop having to repaint the OEM spoiler I can have them paint my ST replica along with my midwing. Fortunatly we've kept the deductible at $250 for this sort of thing.

·
Registered
340 Posts
My old explorer got keyed once while I was at work in the parking lot. Twice right down the side the length of the car. Some people have no respect for anything. Worst part is you're left helpless, can't do anything but get it fixed or live with it.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
That's rotten.

I'll save the comments on what the idiot deserves.

·
Registered
73 Posts
So that's the driver rear quarter, correct? That's connected to the roof pillar which extends to the front of the car.

Are they blending the hatch and driver rear door?

I'm trying to wrap my head around this costing up to $2k. That's like halfway to a complete respray!

·
Adam
2,303 Posts
No cameras at the store or something? People suck, such is life.

·
Registered
620 Posts
We'll that sucks! [mad] That is a really deep scratch. We can only hope they damaged their key.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Will the shop be able to perfectly match your "red candy metallic" ? That is such a gorgeous color.

Good for you with the $250 deductible, but it still sucks when you think of the other things that you could do with that money.

·
Registered
408 Posts
So that's the driver rear quarter, correct? That's connected to the roof pillar which extends to the front of the car.

Are they blending the hatch and driver rear door?

I'm trying to wrap my head around this costing up to $2k. That's like halfway to a complete respray!
In Oneida I could have my svt repainted for 2

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes,the whole panel will need to be resprayed and blend the hatch and door. It's the labor that is costly since my friend (he worked at this shop and said it was the best in Denver and will get it right the first time) said the bumper,tail light,plastic trim and even the rear quarter window will probably be removed to do the job right.

My Eclipse was keyed back in the '90s and had the whole car except for the roof painted and it came to almost $2500 back then,today a proper respray is more closer to $5000 especially with special paint.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Theirs a lot of sick buggers around jealous when they a gleaming shiny car. So they go around doing this .this happens everywhere in world. Here in uk mine was done after 4 days of ownership & i only left it on street for a few hours as were planning to go out again. Normally its garaged .When i bought fiesta for lad, after polishing /waxing it was keyed . Sorry but i have no sympathy for these m*r*ns.
Yunii

·
Registered
425 Posts
That's dirty, I hate it when people mess with someone's car. The car never did anything to anyone. If someone has a problem with me, then come see me to deal with it. Leave the personal property out of it.

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
Some knob keyed the car while we were in the grocery store. Some people just don't like others having nice things.
It's going to cost $1500-2000 to have the panel repainted and they also got the spoiler too so instead of the paint shop having to repaint the OEM spoiler I can have them paint my ST replica along with my midwing. Fortunatly we've kept the deductible at $250 for this sort of thing.

That's terrible sorry about your luck [bigcry]. It's odd that someone would just do that randomly, unless it's some dumb kid. Normally it's when people park like a**h[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]s or the person pissed someone off. I would die if someone keyed my car, but luckily I try to fly under the radar.[doorpeek]

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I hate this kind of threads! Some punk messing with a nice car!
I tell you what, someday I saw a guy messing with a car, it was not my car, I was just looking to park in that parking lot, when I saw this punk I got off my car and I kicked his ass so badly... He ran away... I hope he learned the lesson.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts