Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any suggestions on what to do here? i'm pretty sure the insurance company won't cover it, and it's just some on the bottom of the driver's side, like someone was drivin by, threw it and it hit the ground and splashed up. ideas?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
no idea what to say to help , sorry, sucks about what happened, hope you find a way to clean it up with no marks.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
Shitty dude i got egged a month ago... 380$ and yet to be fixed.... best thing to do is a google search for getting egg off a car... i did that... wash it off asap (obvously and probably done already)... clean it really good and take pictures... my insurance DOES cover it... but my deductable is 250bucks and my parents decided not to claim it so im out the 380 bucks... kinda gay... i dont get why people disrespect peoples things... jealousy? w/e im sorry man i 100% know how you feel on this one... a nasty violated feeling in your gut... and wallet

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
if you have full coverage yeah insurance will cover it dude. call them up asap. my cobalt got egged twice, only once did the paint crack, only a little on hood and on rear quarter panel, told insurance, made vandalism claim, had it repainted , paid deductable of 50 bucks. its worth it.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
I got my car egged twice in a WEEK when I parked it outside at my old place....

One time, I was gone for literally 20 minutes.... and then I come out, and its egged...

No real damage, I was able to wash it off immediately.. then auto car wash... then hand dry, then another carwash...

I was so f'n PISSED.....

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Damn robby you have bad luck sorry to hear bout the egg. You should install an egglauncher hidden in the sideskirts and an automated self-defense system. Hit up the govt, they've got money to waste :-D lol

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol that would be f-u-c-k-i-n awesome (lol i almost forgot the k lol i'm [:)][:)][:)][:)]i drunlk as shit, hey xpos3d, i sent those wheels out today i'll get you the tracing nu,mber when i'm sober

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
no not for that, it was only a vandalism claim, i think they only raise rates forwrecks.

·
Registered
235 Posts
yeah, eggers suck. My car got egged and 3 spots cost me $550 to repair. Now that may seem a lil high, but this is the best autobody around and looks 100% like new. I also paid out of pocket cuase my deductible is 500 and it wouldnt be worth the $50 bucks to file. My car got egged and I got to the wash as soon as possible (probably and hour after it happend) and I didnt notice the spots until a month or two after and I thought they were from an accident that I got into, but when I went to get the car quoted from the accident the guys said the spots were from eggs which sucked cause then I couldnt have it fixed under insurance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey guys so i've been reading the forum for the past couple weeks and decided today would be a good day to post something.

Basically my 2006 ZX5 got egged while i was driving. 2 eggs to the passenger side. 1 egg to the hood. The first thing i did was go home and read on the internet on how to get rid of the egg.

Half Warm Water + Half Vinigar + Cloth = Good recipe for removing the egg.

Just remeber that combination cause it worked fine. I'll see in the morning if the car is still alive.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
^^thats the one i was talking about.... but it was to late in my case :'(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts