Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it feels like it runs smooth but it randomly feels as if its lagging or just not really going how it should, almost as if from a stop one time its a bat out of hell and the next it seems way less agressive. Not really sure how better to describe it, but i will randomly pop a code for p0302 p0300 p0303 which i know is cyl 2 and 3 and random misfire, i suspect its the coils as they appear oem with about 120k miles on it, im going to swap the coils after the 4th (all my tools are at my job) any other things i should visually look to for signs of this misfire? I know what a misfire is like when it is severe and bucks the car and flashes the light, that isn't what i am referring to by the hesitation for clarification, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've got the same issue but haven't checked codes yet. I'm running ar103's at .55 gap
and a ported throttle body.

·
FF Affiliate
30,371 Posts
You have to be very careful how you gap the AR103 , you gap them at a angle not like a regular plug

Remember your checking the distance between the 2 spots

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
30,371 Posts
The AR series plug has a cut back wire / strap that doesnt cover the electrode of the plug like conventional plugs have things so most still set the gap the same

You would have to see the plug then you would better understand

Tom

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok, I have found my mistake, part not paying attention and part exhaustion resulted in me using a metric feeler gauge instead of measuring for inches. Issue has been corrected and the car feels much better. Thanks Tom for the explanation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts