Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys , i want to replace the belt of my car. ive done about 10k miles since i bought it, and just to be sure i want to cxhange the belt. I went to pepboys and they asked me if is a a/c or not a/c cable. What does this mean? Where can i find what the engine belt is. Btw i have a focus zx3 2001,, l2.0 zetec. Also, is there anyway i can change it by myself? Thanks CHEERS[drinking]

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
They are asking you if you have air condition or not

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
That depends on your level of automotive repair experience. You'll have to remove the wheel on the passenger side, and probably jack the vehicle up to get at everything. Then un-spring the tensioner by rotating it with a wrench on the pulley bolt. Then while holding tension off the belt, work the belt over one of the pulleys so you can release the tensioner. Then remove the belt. Installation is the reverse of removal- but I hope you payed attention to the way that the belt was run through the pulleys before you removed it. I suggest that if you don't have a service manual, you should sketch a drawing of the belt on the pulleys before removing anything.

·
Registered
210 Posts
biggest trick I found to changing the belt is using a crescent wrench with a large handle to release the tension on the tensioner. pin it down against the axle, and pop your belt on/off.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I see. is it hard to change it by yourself. Thanks a lot guys :) cheers !
please tell us some of the work that you have done on a car. then we can judge if it is a job you might want to tackle.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Belt routing diagram should be under the hood on a sticker.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts