Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 focus, when I go over bumps the suspension creaks or squeaks. Is this something to worry about? Is this a sign that something is about to go on my suspension? I think its only coming from the front, but I'm not positive. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sounds like you might have a drop link gone, depends wether its from the front or the rear, if the front most likely a drop link, should cost no more than 60 quid for one side depending on were u get it done.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Did you mess with anything under there or did it start happening out of nowhere? Try to pinpoint what area the sound is coming from too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
..bringing up this old one...

This actually started sometime earlier this year, don't exactly remember when, just started out of the blue. It is coming from the front suspension on both sides. It just creaks when I go over bumps, at low speeds, or when I turn a corner, or when I slow down and the front of the car lowers a little from compression. I checked the struts by putting all my weight over each one and jumping off, they return to normal right away, so I don't think its those. I got underneath it today and was checking around, no leaking, nothing seemed loose, afaik. I was looking online today an found that the sway bar end links could be the problem, but I'm not sure how I check to make sure. Anyone have some suggestions??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts