Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Titular Wit Here
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about investing in a car cover for my "new" car and possibly for the Focus too. I was wondering if anyone has any experience using a cover, specifically, are scratches likely?

The Focus is parked in my garage, the GTO outside in a carport. Both are victims of the landlord's gardening team that comes on Friday morning and stirs up a cloud of dust and pollen with overzealous leafblowing. The main problem I am seeing if I understand cover usage correctly, is that I will have to wash the damn car(s) every time I want to put the cover on or risk rubbing any dirt that's on the paint into the paint. I want to protect against dust (and in the case of the GTO, light protection against stray raindrops) but not in exchange for damaged paint.

This is the company I'm looking at right now:

http://www.calcarcover.com/

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
hmm...well i'm not quite sure if you are parking either of the cars outside or not but here is my experiance with car covers. My sister use to always have a car cover on her car during the winter and she would drive her winter car. She has a 2006 mustang and we live up here in nebraska so winters are tough. She bought herself a older honda civic. Any ways, back to the topic...she bought a cheap car cover and put it on her stang to pull it off in the spring to find countless scartes in the clear coat on black paint job. the next winter, she bought herself an expansive one that holds tight to the car and she was fine. I believe that as long as you have a car cover that holds tight to the car and doesn't allow wind to trash it around on you paint, you will be okay.

I hope this answered your question!

·
Titular Wit Here
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I don't want to go cheap, I guess what I'm concerned about is spending several hundred dollars on a good car cover only to find scratches on the paint anyway. I'm really really picky and it bugs me to find new damage caused by me. [:D]

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Any car cover will prevent your car from scratches, and keep the dust down; that is assuming the cover stays on the whole time. I'd definately invest in one for the GTO since it's being stored outside.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
^^x2

don't go cheap on a car cover....usually the cheap ones are the ones that don't fit nicely and are loose fitting. When they are loose fitting, it will flap and beat against your prized paint causing it to scuff and look dull when you take it off.

·
*~*
13,045 Posts
That company is great, I'll tell you that right now.
I have their car bag. So far it's been doing GOOD in winter time. I stick Candy in there and she sleeps, then when spring comes, she comes out JUST like she went in.

Anywho, I love that company, real good stuff.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Yea personally the car cover i bought for my focus has brought me nothing to complain about. It fits snuggly around the car and it keeps all of the dirt..etc off of it. One thing u need to do is shake it out real good everytime u take it off, specially if u have the car parked outside. I havent seen any stratches or damage done due to the cover. Unfortunately, the cover doesnt protect my car from a baseball thrown over some1s head. I actually went pretty cheap on my cover.. costed me about 140 and it has worked great. It also was custom made and such. Got it from autoanything.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts