Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just went to my local dealership for an oil change and tire rotation. They say it's done, so I go outside, hop in the race car and I'm home in less than 10 minutes. I pull into my spot, turn the ignition off and my car keeps running. I have a 2015 hatch SE. No bells or whistles. Any thoughts?

I drove back on the dealership with no key in it to show them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 5 speed so I just stalled it on purpose but it did it again when I tried restarting it. I guess there is a recall for the bcm.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Haven't heard of a recall, but we know the manual & key models have at least somewhat similar wiring to the "smart key" push button start types. Wouldn't be surprised if they don't directly turn circuits on/off with the key as they don't do so for starting.

Edit - Looks like 15C06 BCM reprogramming for the recall.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
If you see info., post it up.

Haven't seen a recall on the MkIII's posted on anything but some for the fuel pump.

Edit - ask and receive, fresh info. shows on 15C06

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just got my '15 Hatch done from the BCM reprogram, guy at the dealership explained the reprogram is for exactly what is happening to you. He said "you could go to turn the car off, with the key in the off position, and the engine could continue to run." I still have my recall card..it says Recall 15C06, for BCM reprogramming. Hope this helps you out man.

·
__________/\__
2,129 Posts
Haven't heard of a recall
I pull into my spot, turn the ignition off and my car keeps running. I have a 2015 hatch SE.....Any thoughts?
Ford Focus vehicles manufactured June 17, 2014, to June 12, 2015 were recalled.

"engine may continue to run after the key or the START/STOP engine button is turned to off"

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchResults?prodType=V&searchType=PROD&targetCategory=A&searchCriteria.model=FOCUS&stats=1984738,1,0,3,5,FOCUS&makeStats=&jsonBaseURL=/downloads/folders/&searchCriteria.model_yr=2015&searchCriteria.make=FORD&searchCriteria.prod_ids=1984738

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Edited the title, looks like we've got an answer here!

Great help folks, I'll stickie this here for now for more views before a move to the Problems section later.

We can start a new thread when someone comes up with the recall details from Ford.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
So I just went to my local dealership for an oil change and tire rotation. They say it's done, so I go outside, hop in the race car and I'm home in less than 10 minutes. I pull into my spot, turn the ignition off and my car keeps running. I have a 2015 hatch SE. No bells or whistles. Any thoughts?

I drove back on the dealership with no key in it to show them.
Was your dealer able to take care of this for you? Please let me know, so I can see how to best assist.

Meagan

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They seemed to think it was a faulty ignition switch. So they ordered a new one. And were going to look into the recall info.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
They seemed to think it was a faulty ignition switch. So they ordered a new one. And were going to look into the recall info.
Thanks for following up. I can look into some additional assistance, if you're interested. Just PM me your VIN, updated mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

·
Registered
114 Posts
my car did that the other nite cruising along guages quit turn signals quit door locks quit shut car off pulled key still running message says trans not in park . turned out to be loose battery terminal

1 - 13 of 13 Posts