Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It doesn't happen very often but when I'm racing it happens in 3rd. When I'm accelerating and it starts to get close to 5k rpm my check engine light comes on and my light right next to my hazards come on. Also while I'm still on the pedal the rpms drop a couple hundred and I hear a popping kind of sound. I'm not sure what it is, but it only happens in 3rd.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i had the same problem when i owned a nissan sentra my cars gas peddle would be floored and the car would shut off the start back up again. on its own the way i fixed this problem was i got 2 8 gage wires went from the batteries ground terminal to the car in 2 different places. keep in mind i also up graded to a larger gage engine ground all at the same time. but after i did that no more surges

·
Registered
16 Posts
i would give it a shot. the most u will need is 2 1/2 feet of 8 gage wire that will cost u like 2.50 at radioshack but what ur describing is almost like was happened to me. but if it keeps happeneing u only waisted 2.50 but have much better grounds

1 - 4 of 4 Posts