pioneer 301r sub
pioneer 3200t amp
8g wires
sealed box for bass clarity...

no light diming, amp only take 25amps

·
Registered
427 Posts
Looks good man :) I am almost finished with mine same HU :) I love it got a sweet deal on an open box HU and then since i spent 100 bucks bestbuy gave me a 10 dollar giftcard.. I have a kicker 350w amp and a kick solol-baric 10 in a nice box.. I will post pics once its all setup the amp came in today now I just need to pick it up and setup the speaker

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you will be amazed how it will sound, just take the bass on the speakers to minus 6 and put all the rest up... also use the high pass at 80 and low pass 80hz. then turn the bass at 0. awesome...

·
Registered
427 Posts
^^^

I hooked it up to a house amp just to see how it sounded and it was nuts I got a ported box just because I like the sound better :)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, i had a ported box, and is loud and bass is full, but i love the sealed box clarity. also when you listen to euro dance/trance and all that seems to sound clear or in tone with the music. the ported box i had either was too much bass or too little. also, did not like the boomy sound....

·
Registered
22 Posts
In all, the head unit replacement is what really counts. I changed mine to an Alpine CDA9847, with Sirius Sat Radio {Sir-Alp-1}, I-Pod full speed connect {kce422i} with a custom conversion to 160 gig external HD USB. I relpaced the factory 5 x 7's with Boston Acoustic SL 80's; front and rear. I'm powering them with a Rockford Fosgate T4004. These are complemented by two Rockford Fosgate 12" T1 Subwoofers in a slot port box in the trunk. The sub's are powered by a Rockford Fosgate T10001BD, and the whole system is powered by a Lightning Audio Extreme Duty "Purple Haze" 1000 amp battery and controlled by a Rockford Fosgate Digital Carbon 25 farad cap. On may 20th the car was metered at a show for db drag pro comp. @ 145.9 decibels, taking 1st place in show!!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i might think mine is around 120 with the set up now, might be wrong, but i can not stand inside while even at 65 percent volume

·
Registered
22 Posts
And that my focai freind is how it should be. Take it to a local car show and enter the db drag just to see what actual db's your driving around at. Cost to enter will only be around 25-30 bucks. Well worth the price of two good ears. My 145.9 was incomprehensible unless you've ever heard a train from ten feet away. Low level nausea kicks in at around 130, human pain starts at 115 db's. Permenent damage can occur at 135 and up. Most concerts are between 110 and 115 somewhere. So enter, then tune to an appropriate level for listening.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, after about 10 min at full volume my ears start to hurt, and take around 1-3 min to really get out the ringing out of it...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ear discomfort can come from alot of things, from being to damn loud to the speakers being made slightly different from each other. Many things are a factor here, mostly pink noise that is barely audible but gets your ear to focus on multiple targets, hence brain fatigue, hence ear fatigue. The ringing comes from the highs, the higher notes break the thin hairs in your ears that are used to "hear" those notes. what you are hearing is actually the nerve endings in your ear shattering. NO GOOD MR!!!!! Tune the treble freq. to about 12.5 and you should heal jus' fine!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts