Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i took my focus in today because of the screen going all black on me, and the guy calls me back later and says its " possible but im not sure that your HID lights might of caused a short in the system" umm ya ok........

·
Registered
92 Posts
Even if the HIDs were causing a short...they're on different circuits. Sometimes...I wonder if they think before they come up with an explanation...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i hear you...... so now ford is going to get me a rental car so they can keep it overnight and call a tech tomorrow to find out what to do..........

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
The problem with cutting edge electronics and doodads.
The mechanics just do not know, until they putz with them for awhile...
Too bad the putzing is on YOUR car.

·
Registered
647 Posts
So the dealer told me they have to replace the APIM module, so hopefully by day 3 i get my car back.
I've had mine replaced and had great luck afterwards. That is, until I decided to update to the 2.11 version of MFT. Now my car is also back at the dealership.

Make sure you tell them that you don't want HIDs on your rental because you have heard all the bad things that can go wrong. [nutkick]

Tony

·
Banned
363 Posts
I've had mine replaced and had great luck afterwards. That is, until I decided to update to the 2.11 version of MFT. Now my car is also back at the dealership.

Make sure you tell them that you don't want HIDs on your rental because you have heard all the bad things that can go wrong. [nutkick]

Tony
Sorry to hear that Tony.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so after I CALLED THE DEALER, he tells me my part didnt come in. That it will be a couple of days, soooo guess they will have my car for 5-6 days now...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts