Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A big hello out to the Mid Atlantic Foci, I'm looking to form a G2G at Capital Raceway in Crofton, Maryland for the end of March, first of April timeframe. There will be tailgating and BBQ and of course the racing! I'm fairly new to the foci club and I'm looking to meet some fellow foci racers and maybe even start a east coast club. I would like to know who would be interested in this event so I could figure out how to arrange things. Thanks in advance. I'm running an 07 Black ZX3 Stage 2 turbo, borla exhaust, striped from rear seat back. Let me know if you're interested! Thanks again.

·
Fords suck
4,412 Posts
Sounds fun, most of us Mid-Atlanteans go to Cecil County, but this would work too.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Haven't been to Capitol in years, sure a meet there would be fun.

·
Premium Member
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
awesome, I'm looking into a reserved parking special track event kind of thing for the weekend. I'm gonna try to get the track to make an all Foci class! Here's a couple pics of my focus from a few weeks ago before we put in the Stage 2 turbo kit. I am knew to the east coast, only been here about 4 months, stationed here with the army. Honestly, if someone knows of a better place that would attract a bigger crowd and more cooperative then let me know. If you're interested, reply with a name, location, and a pic of your focus if you can. I'd just like to get a headcount. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just so everyone knows, I've already contacted the track and reserved it for the weekend of April 10th - 12th. I've gotten sponsors from local places interested in this event. I'm trying to find a place with a moveable dyno so we can get some competitions going.

·
Fords suck
4,412 Posts
Wow, you're going all out, will this be a Focus only thing? I won't be driving my Focus when this happens, and I know a lot of non-Foci drivers who'd come.

·
Premium Member
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's not going to be a focus only thing cause my buddy is going to bring a few honda friends up from Richmond. I've gotta buddy running an STI as well, however the event itself is mostly involved around the foci. I'm calling it MADFocus - Mid Atlantic Drivers of Foci. I want this to turn out enough people that it can become like a semi-annual thing. I'm also starting up a foci club called the Mid Atlantic Focus Corps (MAFC). It will be a come and go as you please kind of thing and you can be a full pledge or a part time member. Let me know if you're interested cause I'm thinking about a meet for that sometime soon. There is no required commitments, however I would like it to be organized, with club leaders and such, I will be scouting at MADFocus big time. I need some officers!

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
This sounds interesting.

Keep us updated as you get more info PLZ.

I'll make it a sticky once the time gets near[thumb]

·
Fords suck
4,412 Posts
Awesome, I'll bring the Interceptor to this, if it's not too pricey, any ideas on how much its gunna cost?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Closest drag track to me....how can I resist? If my Mustang is running by then can I bring it also??

·
Premium Member
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sure thing, bring the mustang! Just keep in mind everyone that this is a focus event. lol I'm not saying you can't bring anything else, please feel free to bring whatever you've got, just saying that if everything works out well with the track and we get enough foci to show up then we will be having all foci classes for the weekend. Probably have N/A and Boosted classes! I'm also looking for a fast 8 group! [race] I'm looking to make this an all weekend deal with a test and tune / car show night on friday, time trials and good ole BBQ and tailgating and grudge on saturday and tournament and class races on sunday. Here's a few pics of my 07 ZX3 after we installed the stage 2 turbo.

I haven't put it on the dyno yet but I'm estimating around 280-300hp @ 10psi and an unknown isane amount of torque.

·
Premium Member
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why the f aren't my pics posting?

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Where did you upload the pics at?

EDIT: You have to have IMG tags at the ends of them for them to show.

·
Premium Member
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I posted the URL from photobucket through the "post image" tool on the forum.

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
So is this a Drag Race kinda event or more of an AutoX?

Here's my Focus:

I actually just put on some St170 headlights and need to take some updated pictures.

·
Premium Member
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
nice focus man, its gonna be drag and autocross.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts